New UKRI Funding Call: Innovation Scholars: Data Science Training in Health & Bioscience
2 September 2020
Funding is available for up to two years to enable the delivery of innovative training programmes to upskill health & bioscience researchers in data management and analysis.
Training programmes should provide flexible upskilling from different starting levels and career stages or enable researchers to develop skills in new or emerging areas of importance where training provision is currently limited.
Applications should result in training opportunities in data science to upskill health & bioscience researchers, relevant to one or more of the following themes:
- Data stewardship, management & sharing
- Manipulation & analysis of complex large-scale data
- Data modelling skills & training in data exploration/ interpretation/ calibration/ validation
- Integration of different types of data, such as imaging and genomics
- Improving software, computing, infrastructure, architecture & data engineering knowledge contextualised for data-intensive biosciences
- Statistics or mathematics skills contextualised for data-intensive biosciences
Pertinent data and technical challenge areas include (but are not limited to) genomics & gene expression, proteomics & metabolomics, image analysis & phenotyping, digital health data (including new and emerging forms of data), AI & machine learning, data visualisation, modelling, and reproducibility/ good research practice (e.g. experimental design, workflows, fostering FAIR data principles) within data-intensive science, the secondary analysis of administrative, cohort and panel studies.
A total budget of £5m is available through the UKRI Innovation Scholars programme to support 5-10 awards. Pre-registration is required so that we can confirm suitability of the proposal prior to the full application stage. Please register your expression of interest here by 30th September 2020.
More information about this funding opportunity can be found here: https://mrc.ukri.org/funding/browse/innovation-scholars-data-science-training-in-health-bioscience/innovation-scholars-data-science-training-in-health-bioscience/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
Closing date: 30 Sep 2020 16:00 GMT+1
Updated by: Michal Filus