Accenture Turing Strategic Partnership: Expression of interest (Data sharing): Apply Now!
19 March 2021
The Finance and Economics programme at The Turing brings together leading experts in data science, machine learning, finance and the social sciences, from both academia and industry to tackle the most challenging questions by producing world-leading research with significant impact. We inform public policy and enable trusted, research-led thought leadership. The programme works closely with government and the industry to exploit the potential of new technologies in the financial sector and economic research, and to position the UK as the leader in these areas.
We have recently launched a five-year Strategic Partnership with Accenture to advanced data science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) research with a focus on delivering substantial business and societal value.
Our partnership has several interconnected workstreams. The most significant is Research Sponsorship which encompasses three areas of focus:
1. Data Sharing (incorporating Synthetic Data, PETs and FEDS)
2. Digital Twins (incorporating Agent Based Models and Multiagent Systems)
3. AI in a Changing World
Through this call we are seeking to fund projects that fall under the "Data Sharing" research theme.
We have £300,000 to award through this call. We are seeking to award up to £150,000 per project. In special circumstances there may be an opportunity to increase the funding awarded for an outstanding project.
For further detail, including examples of possible research directions, and assessment and eligibility criteria, please click here to download the full guidance.
How to apply
The Expression of Interest (EoI) should be completed and submitted by Thursday 22 April at midday BST to the Turing's FlexiGrant portal. If you have not already done so, all applicants must first register on the system and provide basic details to create a profile.
- EoI opening date: 18th March 2021 (via FlexiGrant)
- Closing date: midday 22nd April 2021
- Review and shortlisting of EoI submissions: late April
- Shortlisting results communicated: early May
- Shortlisted applicants to present a detailed proposal to the panel: late May/ early June
- Final results communicated: early June
- Project set-up and contracting begins: from June
If you have any questions, please email Cat Morton, Finance and Economics Programme Manager on FinanceandEconomicsProgramme@turing.ac.uk